MEET THE MONSTERS
Jamaica Swamp Safari Village houses a number of the largest captive American Crocodiles in the Caribbean. Come take a walk on the wild side and meet the monsters.
- BIGGA - The boss and most dominant male in the largest crocodile enclosure at the Safari. He has over 20 females all to himself.
- JAPETH – Rescued from a community along the Salt River, he requires very little prompting to show his incredible jumping ability.
- JEREMIAH – The Safari’s resident grumpy old man.
- RYGIN – Named for one of Jamaica’s most notorious gangsters, this crocodile is extremely aggressive and stealthy.
- SAMMY B – A rescue from Slipe in St. Elizabeth where he was known to terrorize livestock.
- SANDOCAN – A recent addition to the Safari’s exhibit, named after a well known Jamaican gangster.
- VYBZ – The oldest and one of the palest residents of the Safari, named after a popular Jamaican entertainer, known for bleaching his skin.